Lore EditThe United States Civilization Preservation Force Marine Division, originally the United States Marine Corps, has been performing duties on both coasts since 2033. In the early years, the Corps job was to eliminate bands of hostile wastelanders and to secure unorganized territories across the USA to later become sites where military bases or towns would begin construction. The USCPF Marines currently work with the Eastern, Western, and Alaskan fronts to assist in USCPF combat operations, territory defense, heavy sieges, and base construction. By 2115, it is most likely a mere command element to the actual branch of the Marine Corps.
Role Guide Edit
- Rifleman: Trained in close quarters to medium ranged combat, operates TSR-31 or TSR-29.
- Support Specialist: Employs medium and heavy machine guns in support of maneuver elements.
- Shock Trooper: Assaults fortified targets with rockets, demolitions and breaching/infiltration techniques.
- Combat Engineer: Performs demolitions, construction, mine clearing, maintenance, and repair.
- Marine Corpsman: Provides treatment for thousands of Sailors and Marines, using quick thinking to help keep them fit and ready to serve at the best of their abilities.
- Scout Sniper: Delivers long-range precision fires on selected targets, conducts reconnaissance and surveillance.
- Field Radio Operator: Sets up and operates all radio equipment used in a field mission.
- Force Recon: Conducts amphibious reconnaissance, deep ground reconnaissance, surveillance, battlespace shaping, and limited scale raids in support of the USCPF.
- Assaultman: Assaults fortified targets with rockets, demolitions and breaching/infiltration techniques.
- Machine Gunner: Employs medium and heavy machine guns in support of maneuver elements. Supports the element via suppression and target saturation.
- Small Craft Mechanic: Trained personnel in the engineering field. Works on small craft at base or on the field.
- Field Artillery Cannoneer: Operates artillery on the field in the event of an offensive or defensive action. Vital in specific scenarios in combat.
- Marine Officer: Responsible for training their Marines for every variety of ground combat mission in any environment. They gather and evaluate intelligence on enemy forces, develop offensive and defensive battle plans and command their infantry unit’s use of weapons and equipment.
Other Info Edit
The 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines is the Marine unit stationed at Fort Shad (working alongside a battalion from the 29th Infantry Division).